'Tis but a scratch

To make a long story short:

I went to the hospital. I didn't have any fractures, but was told to come back for an MRI if the pain doesn't get better in 2 days and was given a note excusing me from work for bed rest for 2 weeks. It was diagnosed as a lumbar spinal injury and surprise? I apparently have a stomach ulcer as well. I've got many sachets of pills to take now, something for the ulcer, a muscle relaxer and an anti-inflammatory. I assume the relaxer because my back is genuinely as hard as my desk with how much my muscles seized.

I went to school to give the paperwork over and request the time off, it sounded to me like they were just acting as if I was making a big deal over nothing. I was asked if I was going to work today, I said probably not. She said she would ask the principal. I ended up working.

There's a lot more I can't talk about publicly until it's all done, but I did get higher ups involved so rest assured, I will either soon be removed from the program/school or become victorious in my never ending campaign to fight the good fight.

I do have at least today off so I can get a long weekend of rest in and at least another 9 doses of meds done.

Bonus: here's a picture of me and all my friends during this long, arduous crusade.

Comments

  1. 2 weeks bed-rest would mean that documents would be delivered by courier in my world!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas: Sometimes I wonder.

A requested update

Blogmas: On feeling overwhelmed.