Keep your head up, kid

I was thinking about something this morning.

I spent the weekend pulling myself out of this hole and made a good lesson plan for Monday, dressed up, did my hair and makeup and felt happy and accomplished. And then what happened with my student happened and I feel like life just threw me back down into that pit in such a coldly comical way. Like, "haha, you fool, where did you think you were going?"

I had a thought to just give up again because clearly none of this mattered and why spend the energy dragging myself to the surface world just to be physically shoved back into the goblin caves from whence I came?


I didn't entertain the thought for long.


I woke up and my back had a definite bruise, but more than that, it tensed up my sciatic and my entire leg is in so much pain that I just want to lie in bed and not move at all. I made myself get up and change the kitten's bedding and clean. I even made yogurt using the machine I bought.

I think I'm gonna have to take a taxi to school or something if I wake up any more stiff than I already am. I threw back some painkillers but they didn't really work so there's not much I can do. I drowned my sorrows in coffee and I Love Lucy episodes while I watched the kittens try to learn how to walk.

We've named them, but I haven't gotten photos to introduce them yet since they're all still screaming and confused about life. But I'll post them soon, I promise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas: Sometimes I wonder.

A requested update

Blogmas: On feeling overwhelmed.