I don't have a title for this one

An open letter to Korea and its labor workers.

5am is not an acceptable time to start construction work when you're less than 100 ft from an apartment building.

5am is also not an acceptable time to leave your amorphous blob of a truck running when it has a belt that screams louder than my kittens during weigh-in time.

5am is again, also not an acceptable time to weld metal in the middle of the street without any precaution for yourself, or others who may happen to look out their window and get an eyeful of blinding light, and the same can be said for the cutting of metal.

I submit these demands to you and expect that you shall cease and desist these activities until at least 8am, like normal humans do, posthaste.

Sincerely, the angry foreigner.


Well anyway, I tried to roll over and go back to sleep and ended up waking up at 7:30. So hey, only slightly overslept.

My day wasn't too bad. Lunch was good, the wind was blowing, air was clear, sun was out...

It was nice. Until I took the blunt force of a 9-year-old's skull directly into my spine because I told him no Youtube videos. And then he went on my computer anyway.

Back in 2009 I cracked my tailbone and it never healed right. My back almost always hurts and I have a pinched nerve somewhere 'round my sciatic that kills me quite often. Hard as rock Korean beds haven't been helping, and today certainly didn't help at all.

It hurts to stand. It hurts to lean anywhere. It hurt trying to walk home so much I felt nauseous.

And before someone wonders, "why didn't you tell your MT?" I did. And she seemed shocked that a kid hit me, but less than willing to take any real action. She asked first if it was a boy or girl, and when I said boy she said boys were crazy.

Yeah, I got that message the second he didn't take "no" for an answer. I pushed it more and she said maybe he did it because he felt like we were "familiar" enough and did say that she'd talk to him/his home room teacher.

But I don't think I'll get anywhere with that. It's a really good thing I have tomorrow off. I'm just gonna angrily eat dinner and throw back a handful of painkillers while I watch I Love Lucy.

>:(

Edit: My entire lower back is now a lovely shade of purple and it almost makes me think that's the color ink I'd use when I sign my resignation letter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas: Sometimes I wonder.

A requested update

Blogmas: On feeling overwhelmed.