Baby Steps

If there's anything I've learned about myself in all my years of living, it's that I give up easily when there's too many things to do at once.

So I decided to tackle my "how 2 be a better adult" list slowly.

Not so great at resetting my body clock since it wants to wake up at either 6am or 9am, there is no in between but I'll keep at it.

I got the cleaning thing down to an art, everything is kitten proof and disinfected for the babies. They're 2 weeks old now and just getting the hang of the whole seeing thing, and they're starting to stand up now that they have more head control. Soon they'll be escaping from the box and getting into everything. Can't have them getting sick or hurt due to my rut.

Studying, not yet. I don't want to overwhelm my brain with creating an entire schedule at once. I know, I know, but I'll get to it in another day or two.

Wrote up my grocery list for healthy meal planning today and started taking my vitamins again. I even drank a 2L of water. Beat that.

I also started teaching myself to write in cursive for some reason. I watched a documentary on Judy Garland's life and it rekindled a love of old 1940's lifestyle things and I just figured, why not? Could be fun. It sounds horrible to say that watching her life fall apart from the age of 12 made me love the 40's again, but what can ya do.

Oh, I actually did some water coloring (Water color painting?) today on a paper fan I got. I used to love art and spent my entire high school years drawing in the margins of every paper, in my journals between pages of short stories and poems, throwing myself onto a canvas at midnight just to paint something and so on.

At the end of June I'll start taking those violin lessons I planned on, so I hope my life will be patched back up pretty well by then. I think this is really just trying to find all those old habits and hobbies that used to make me happy.

It's all just a step in the right direction that I hope to keep on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas: Sometimes I wonder.

A requested update

Blogmas: On feeling overwhelmed.